- Depending on the size of your estate, the entire set-up process can take between 1 – 2 weeks.
- To prepare your home for an estate sale we will require a key and access to your property on a regular basis.
- If you happen to already be in the process of selling your home, great. We work well with realtors and have even had a few hold an open house on the day(s) of a sale – a win-win! However, you will need to make sure to inform your agent of the sale and our access needs.
- You will have a opportunity to specify a lowest price point for only those items you deem necessary.
- Our sales are generally two day events that take place on a Friday thru Saturday. For larger estates, two weekends may be needed.
- We will settle your balance within 7-14 business days from the last day we need to enter your house for working purposes.
In Depth: What is the process for hosting an estate sale?
Before the Sale
Triple R Estate Sales will need full access to your home for the weeks leading up to the sale so that we may organize the home into an attractive retail location where everything is appropriately displayed and priced to sell. We supply all items needed to achieve this – display tables, jewelry cases, extra lighting, display racks, etc. This set-up process takes a lot of time and research, and requires that we spend many hours getting to know the contents of your home. We discuss the prices of big-ticket items with you and ensure any belongings you wish to keep are removed well before the sale. We work hard to fully satisfy you both before and after the sale.
During the Sale
The typical sale will run 1-2 days and depending on the size of your estate your sale could take place over two separate weekends. Triple R Estate Sales provides all the staff needed to ensure a smooth sale, with people constantly walking the home and helping customers, a cashier (or two) to handle all sales transactions, and when deemed necessary additional staff is hired to help with parking in congested areas and/or security.
After the Sale
Once the sale has ended an itemized sales inventory will be provided to you along with your final settlement check. Please also keep in mind our customers tastes are as varied as the estate sales we’ve conducted; so it’s inevitable that there will be a few items that remain unsold. No need to worry, we have several options available to handle this situation which we can discuss with you during our initial consultation.